29.8.07

BLOODIED BUT UNBOWED

The good


The Badass
The fastest tire change EVER!


Fride dreaming of new friends
Frustration in bike racing is tricky business. It can bite you in the ass if you're not careful. I didn't yell....well, after the 4th time a guy on the side of the course yelled at me if I needed a tube...and after four times of me saying "No, I'm good", I did say in a rather stout, clipped tone "NO, I DO NOT NEED A TUBE. THANK YOU!!". I didn't throw my bike. I didn't swear....much. I also didn't except any help after my second flat. Many good people in the race offered, but I just didn't want to talk to anyone and I just wanted to make my way on my own. I thought if I stopped moving to fix another flat, I might just lay down on the ground and curl up in a ball. So be it. Life is a crazy long road and sometimes the Hippie Van has to stop and take a breather, get a little work done and then get moving again. Hell yeah!

1 comment:

Fride said...

There's assholes...then there's Thorny.