3.7.08

wither

the beauty and grace of a far away place
gives me reason to taste the history of my purpose
lending worry to the procession of mistakes I've made
without thought or regret I ride towards the fading light that throws shadows at my anger
altogether free from danger or duty as the missteps that trip my progress try to surface
one more time
one more line
cover the trail that feeds my hunger
I'll never believe it's too late for me to yell at thunder
cuts and bruises and scars and stars shine bright with the promise of redemption
I won't teach you how to hate or fake depression
I think it's great that you know your own depth and limit of despair
step into the water
step over me
watch me breath and ride
farther from this place towards my next regret
I ride with honor and with humility as I show you the truth of me

No comments: