5.1.14

mission cable

I headed to the cabin Friday afternoon.  I had business in town Saturday morning, so figured I'd head up Friday before the deep freeze.  Friday night I planned to eat at the cabin, but with the very low temps as of late, the cabin was chilled to the bone. The silverware had frost on it. So instead I got a good fire going in the wood stove and then headed into town for a beer and pie at the Rivers. Never a bad choice in my opinion. Kevin Ishaug was there with his family eating. He has a place near by and had been fat biking.  He gave me some good tips on trails to ride, so I'm stoked on that as the Fatback should be ready very soon. I got back to the cabin about an hour later. It took another hour to get the cabin to 70 degrees, but it held the heat fine after that. After Saturdays meeting, I snowshoed with Hank and then planned to do a quick ski in the trails by the cabin and then close things up and hit the berkie for some skating from OO on my way out of town.  But, while touring the woods by the cabin, I ran into my neighbor was skiing with his dog and I ended up skiing for and hour and a half with him.  We hadn't skied together since getting the cabin and he's the one who created all the trails. He showed me stuff I hadn't been on yet. He's a really interested dude and has a wealth of knowledge about the area. The temps outside were still good and the sun was out, so it was an excellent day in the woods. Perfect 24 hour trip.  



 hank

looking south west towards price lake 



 snowshoeing out the door. 



lunch